[3830] RTTY WPX 9M2CNC(G4ZFE) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, g4zfe@g4zfe.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX 9M2CNC(G4ZFE) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 05:29:45 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: 9M2CNC
Operator(s): G4ZFE
Station: 9M2RPN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 21

   80:    0     0
   40:   65   316
   20:  204   533
   15:  519  1317
   10:   82   219
-----------------
Total:  870  2385  Prefixes = 366  Total Score = 872,910

Club: BARTG

Comments:

Station: IC756 Pro and IC-PW1, 400W output
Antennas: Force 12 C3 at 12m, 40m inverted V at 12m

After 4 years and 45,000 QSOs as 9M2/G4ZFE I have obtained the shorter callsign
9M2CNC and this was the first chance to make some Qs with the new callsign. I
lot of misread callsigns as my call is not in the master.dta file and also
people assume that a 9M2 call always has a two letter suffix. Not true anymore
as from last year all new 9M2 calls have three letter suffixes.

A contest to forget! I managed to break the IC-PW1 amplifier by operating it
without any antennas connected! It is low power contesting from 9M2CNC for a few
months whilst the amplifier is repaired. At the start of the contest the beam
was pointing in the right direction but by the end it was 90 degrees out! I only
spotted it as I left the shack at the end of the contest.

Some very loud signals and I had more IMD receiver problems than usual. As many
signals were weak I frequently had to move HF in the band to get a quieter
receive frequency.

Best DX PY2OMS on 10m.

Thank you for the QSOs.

QSL via bureau via G4ZFE and direct via address in QRZ.COM

73 de Rich, 9M2CNC