[3830] ARRLDX CW W2GD(@NO2R) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W2GD(@NO2R) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 18:16:55 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W2GD
Operator(s): W2GD
Station: NO2R

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   71    47
   80:  284    58
   40:  336    72
   20:  586    90
   15:  608    91
   10:   69    48
-------------------
Total: 1950   406  Total Score = 2,375,100

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

IC756ProII, Commander Amp. 1500W, C31XR, C3, Cushcraft 2el 40, 2 ele 80M wire
yagi, 160M phased verticals, beverages.

Work and family obligations played havoc with scheduling enough time for this
one....had to settle for a half-time effort this year. I'll make up for it the
next two weeks while on P40.

The low bands are starting to have that bottom of solar cycle sound and feel.
80M was great both nights with activity all the way up to 3600 at times.  Condx
on 160M seemed very good both nights too....but local line noise from a two
different sources made hearing very difficult at times on both 160 and 80.  Had
great fun running on 15 and 20 both days - decent rates.  10M was definitely a
mult-only band this weekend.  The late Sunday afternoon selective EU opening was
a welcome surprise.   But overall the number of mults seemed limited during the
contest...very little AF/PAC/AS/SA activity.  This definitely isn't CQWW.

Thanks to Pete, NO2R, for loaning me the 'seat' while he operated from the W3BGN
M/S.

See everyone the next 2 weekends from P40W in the CQ160 Phone and ARRL DX Phone
contests.

73, John  W2GD/P40W