[3830] ARRLDX CW N1EU SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1eu@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N1EU SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 19:24:56 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N1EU
Operator(s): N1EU
Station: N1EU

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Albany NY
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:   43    42
   80:  117    61
   40:  410    89
   20:  482    92
   15:  840    95
   10:   82    54
-------------------
Total: 1974   433  Total Score = 2,564,226

Club:

Comments:

Ended up in the chair longer than my original casual vision of the weekend,
partly due to better than expected condx.  Condx on 160/80 were improved over
recent contests and 15M just really amazed me with a VERY low noise floor.  I
had to change run freqs often to find a quiet corner to enjoy the low noise
level, but it seemed I could hear the proverbial whisper in Istanbul.  Yes, I
was chased often by all those keyclicks that are still rampant in contesters'
radios and which our hobby seems powerless to exorcise.

10M opened up briefly, but dramatically, at a late 1700-1800Z Sunday, and I was
lucky to catch a good part of it. Toward the end of the contest, the usual
drudgery of the last few hours were eased considerably by good 40M condx and
activity with a fair number of interesting callers stopping by.

I continue to be enthused by the use of stereo diversity reception as an
enhancement to picking out callers that are weak/fading or buried in a pileup.
I only wish I could have the 2nd receiver as good as the superb main rx of the
Orion, which continues to impress.

Please tell US5II and EI5DI that there is a 10 dit limit for callsigns.

Thanks for all the q's and apologies to those I couldn't pull out.

73,
Barry N1EU