[3830] ARRLDX CW N1DC SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1dc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N1DC SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 06:48:42 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Braintree MA  (EMA)
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:    1     1
   80:   62    29
   40:   85    40
   20:  250    62
   15:  267    76
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  665   208  Total Score = 414,960

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I ran into an unexpected PLL problem with my old Ten tec Paragon transceiver
and could not transmit on 10M. Fortunately I was able to operate on 160-15
without any problems. I lucked out after major surgery on a totally dead radio
earlier in the week. Looking at the other postings about 10M, there wasn't a lot
of opportunity for Q's here in the northeast anyway.

Overall I did very well with limited hours with a 95% S&P effort. Could not get
much going with several run attempts on 15 and 20. I was able to work many
stations in big pileups by transmiting slightly off frequency. The trick in this
contest for low power stations is to LISTEN. I was amazed at the stations
continually transmitting CQ's and ignoring replies at S4/5.

I picked up more than 20 multipliers in the final 90 minutes high in the
bands.
Thanks for all the QSO's. Great fun overall!  See you in the SSB contest!

73 Rick