[3830] ARRLDX CW AD4EB SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ad4eb@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW AD4EB SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:37:26 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: AD4EB
Operator(s): AD4EB
Station: AD4EB

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:   37    26
   80:  118    48
   40:  184    66
   20:  373    81
   15:  459    80
   10:   58    33
-------------------
Total: 1229   334  Total Score = 1,231,458

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Enjoyed operating in this contest. Was great to hear the bands open, and worked
many new countries on 160m and 80m.

Had a hard time finding and keeping running frequencies, so operated S&P for
most of the contest.  Tried SO2R several times, but quickly found out that I am
not quite ready for SO2R on CW. Maybe next time.

I have been dealing with intermitent S9 noise on 80m and 160m, caused by the
utility transformer on the power pole in front of my house.  I've called the
power company several time to investigate the problem, with no results.  This
created quite a bit of interference Friday evening.

Well, at 7:30am Saturday morning the power company showed up at the front door,
informing me they were cutting off the power to install a new larger transformer
on my power pole (a new house is being built across the street).  Lost 2 hours
of prime DX time, but so far the new transfomer has been wonderfully quiet.

Rig: Ten-Tec Omni Six Plus - 600W - 3 Element SteppIr and Gap Vertical
Software: N1MM