[3830] ARRLDX CW OH7M(OH4XX) SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW OH7M(OH4XX) SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:52:25 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: OH7M
Operator(s): OH4XX
Station: OH7M

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Finland
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:
   40:  746    58
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  746    58  Total Score = 129,804

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

This was my first 40 m SB effort ever, I used to do ARRL on 15 or 20 m or multi
(and part time SOAB) but this year we were two guys OH7KD and I to be operating
from same QTH. We were first thinking to go M/S but both were already tired due
to long days at work so we decided to go SB's instead. Marko decided to go 20 so
I took 40 meters. I was bit worried when I checked propagation before contest
start but it did improved a lot and actually first 4 hours were pretty good. 4Z
I got so tired (because I did not have chance to rest before the contest) that I
had to take  a break. I had 350 q/45 S at that time.  I came back just after 9Z
(maybe too late) but the whole day was not that productive anyhow. There was LP
propagation in the afternoon but it was not the best and all I could log then
were more or less big guns. Second day was kind of repetition, propagation was
at its best in the early morning hours and best hours I managed to pull trough
was around 130 q. Band died around 6Z. I did checked the propagation time to
time but seem that the daytime was not as good as Saturday however I was a bit
late for the LP window. N7UA had a huge signal! I quit 22:35 Z since the flue
which had bugging me the whole weekend just got worse I feel so sick and tired.
I used N1MMlogger which worked flawlessly except a one point when it went nuts
and start to CQ when I was logging a QSO. I did record the contest so if there
is anyone who would like to hear own audio clip I can share with you. Over all
it was fun and maybe some day I have time enough to prepare and rest before the
contest. Anyways thanks for the QSO and CU in SSB part, I will be just popping
in and out due other commitments. WPX is planned to be as M/S so we catch you
then.

73

Mikko OH4XX

Rigs: