[3830] ARRLDX CW 8P5A(W2SC) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tom.georgens@engenio.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW 8P5A(W2SC) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 19:48:04 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: 8P5A
Operator(s): W2SC
Station: 8P5A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Barbados
Operating Time (hrs): 46
Radios: SO2R

  160:  295    50
   80:  569    56
   40: 1231    58
   20: 1460    59
   15: 1296    59
   10: 1153    59
-------------------
Total: 6004   341  Total Score = 6,142,092

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Was supposed to be an easy week.

On Wednesday night at dinner we planned on going to the beach the next day.

On Thursday night at dinner, having not been to the beach, we planned how to
bring all the broken stuff home.

Unfortunately, the worst was yet to come.

In the end, I had a malfunctioning dipole, a failed radio, four failed
amplifiers, and a power outage during the peak hours.  Was limited to 300W for
the last 20 hours.

Nonetheless I had my personal best hour (241) and my personal best ARRL CW
score.

Thanks to everyone for the QSO's and moves.

QSL via NN1N

Detailed story on http://tgeorgens.home.mindspring.com

73, Tom W2SC 8P5A