[3830] CQ160 SSB KR1ST Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kr1st@amsat.org
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB KR1ST Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 15:34:32 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: KR1ST
Operator(s): KR1ST
Station: KR1ST

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Ladson, SC
Operating Time (hrs): 6

Total:  QSOs = 57  State/Prov = 20  Countries = 4  Total Score = 2,772

Club:

Comments:

Rig: FT-897
Power: 5 Watts
Antenna: 40m dipole at 32 feet fed as a T antenna against a lousy RF ground

The QRP challenge is a tough one without an antenna that's somewhat efficient on
this band (do I hear a "duh"? :) ). I bet the ERP was less than a single Watt. I
only dabbled a bit in this contest to get a feel for what it's like on topband
as I only frequent it as an afterthought in other contests. It was interesting,
but not really surprising, that very loud stations were not able to hear me,
while others with marginal signals picked me up at the first call. Considering
my marginal setup and power, it speaks well of the stations that were able to
hear me.

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com