[3830] CQ160 SSB W3DQ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wd3q@starpower.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB W3DQ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 19:01:23 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: W3DQ
Operator(s): W3DQ
Station: W3DQ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Washington, DC
Operating Time (hrs): 11

Total:  QSOs = 542  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 6  Total Score = 73,440

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

First time in the SSB version of this contest. What fun!  These 160 contests are
becoming my favorite.

Friday night was hot...I had the highest rates I've ever had. Amazing,
considering my receive antennas don't work. The combination of the Orion's great
receiver and WB5WPA's AM Brickwall Filter, my inverted-L vertical in this urban
environment worked.  Thanks to all who persisted as I tried to hear them!

I missed LA, IA, and ND... heard the later two but not the former.  Also missed
NF, LB, MB, NWT, YT and and NU.  Didn't hear any Europeans.

Station: Orion, Herc II, Inv. L (65ft x 65ft, 21 radials)

See you next year!