[3830] CQ160 SSB W4MYA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rsmorris@att.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB W4MYA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:11:55 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: W4MYA
Operator(s): W4MYA
Station: W4MYA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 21

Total:  QSOs = 1142  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 27  Total Score = 239,596

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Started out with a 199 hour then 129,122,101 hours. Quit for the night at 741/77
at about 0800. Back on 2130, things were going fairly well until the sun went
down about 2300. Things just did not look right with the amp. Like
it was going to fail. Limped along until 0300 when I actually looked at the
antenna SWR. Mucho to 1.. Look at it with a TDR and everything looks OK. Took
two trips out to the tower to see that the delta loop was shorted to the NW/SE
quad loop for 80M. Managed to get them seperated and all was well again by 0400.
I will never know what or if I missed anything but quit at 0900. Back on 2030 to
the end. Very slow at the end, but as always enjoyed it!
Score down by 200 QSO's, 13 countries and almost 100,000 points from last year!

Only 32 10 pointers this time. 6 SA, 21 EU and 5 AF.
Thanks for all the QSO's that we did complete!
Congrats to N4PN who sounded like he was in heaven and to WB9Z for their great
efforts!

Take care..
CU in ARRL SSB, the Virginia QSO Party and WPX SSB!
It will be a busy month!
73/mya