[3830] CQ160 SSB N7GP(N5IA) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB N7GP(N5IA) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:32:57 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: N7GP
Operator(s): N5IA
Station: N7GP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 28

Total:  QSOs = 508  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 10  Total Score = 71,936

Club: Cactus Radio Club

Comments:

The new location and TX antenna for N7GP worked well.  I missed the field of
Beverages but the two temporary receive antennas performed better than expected.
 I will make a full report on the Top Band reflector once all the individual
signal comparison reports to NA5NM are received and compiled.

Conditions were IMHO poor; worse than the CW 'test and much poorer than ARRL 160
in December.  Propagation to east of the Mississippi the first night really
never developed and especially to the New England area.  When you work only two
Michigan stations the entire 1st night you know it is bad.  It was two long
nights of hard work to get this mediocre score.

2nd night the band finally opened decently to the east coast after midnight.
Missed Maine for WAS.  No EU heard.  D4B best DX and only one KH6 from the
Pacific.  Thanks for all the Q's and CU all next season.

Milt, N5IA, op at N7GP