[3830] CQ160 SSB KB7Q Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB KB7Q Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 08:27:55 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: KB7Q
Operator(s): KB7Q
Station: KB7Q

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 433  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 8  Total Score = 61,803

Club:

Comments:

I operated this one from the BLM camping area (Senator Wash) just into
California on the AZ/CA line by the Imperial Dam from my camping trailer. We
left Montana last month for a fix of vitamin D. I?m still perfecting my portable
desert 160 M setup so I figured to give an SSB contest a try. I found some very
strong 5.5 foot Tuff-Tex balloons on the web (balloonbasics.com) to fly my ¼
wave vertical over 40 ground radials ? my wife does have a sense of humor! Nice
to have an antenna that really plays and no power line to be seen! D4B was in
here quite well both nights and responded first call. Wow! More radials, more
batteries, more solar panels, more helium! If I keep this up I?ll have to get a
job again.  ;-)
It was especially nice to have a quick chat with a few of the folks I?ve worked
repeatedly in the CW contests. Gene, KB7Q