[3830] CQ160 SSB KV4FZ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, herbs@vitelcom.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB KV4FZ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 07:06:24 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: KV4FZ
Operator(s): KV4FZ
Station: KV4FZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Virgin Islands
Operating Time (hrs): 14

Total:  QSOs = 637  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 56  Total Score = 416,184

Club:

Comments:

A thriller especially being beaten by another station lestt than 400 miles away
P40W also in the Lesser Antilles and closer to most of the US past the
Mississppi.  I could gripe about the point structure where my competition wins
after I get more Q'sand multipliers.  I could gripe on about an "African"
Station half wayacross the Atlantic where every contact is a ten pointer who is
less then 2000 miles from the UK and can work west coast US stations I can't
even hear. I could complain about the never ending tropic static and probably
would but after seeing VY2ZM's (K1ZM Jeff) awesome production with so many 2
pointers and ability to maintain Eu runs for hours, all I can say is that it
blows away any reason for me to complain and get back to the drawing board.
It seems that it will take more than a volcanic eruption on D4 and the return of
the Ice Agebut I will be in there pressing on regardless. Actually it was very
exciting even if there is no cigar.