[3830] ARRLDX SSB VO1HE SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vo1he@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB VO1HE SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 15:44:05 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VO1HE
Operator(s): VO1HE
Station: VO1HE

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: St. John's
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    0     0
   80:   12    12
   40:   12    11
   20:   86    52
   15:   97    42
   10:    6     3
-------------------
Total:  213   120  Total Score = 75,960

Club: East Coast Canada Contest Club

Comments:

Not a bad effort for spending most of Friday clearing snow after the 60cm we had
drop on us in 8 hours. Made a few Qs that night and hit the hay. Got up early
and made some more but had to clear the driveway again. Found out that the
clandestine outdoor skating rink in the soccer (football) field behind my house
was being cleared off so I helped out with that. Between the rink and helping to
build a motorcycle, I managed to have a good run on 15. In and out of the shack
most of the day. Got going again today but the rink was calling. Spent most of
the day out there on a perfect sheet of ice on a nice partly sunny day with the
kids and neighbours. My legs are sore but my voice is not.

Anyway, 213 Qs and almost 76000 points is pretty typical of my contesting
activities. Dropped in on VO1MX at the shack of VO1AU as 10 was dead and 15 not
much better today. Couldn't find a clear spot on 20 for my 100 W to be heard so
figured I was better off bugging Dan for a while to give Gus VO1MP a fighting
chance and then lacing up the skates for a few hours. Rig worked good but got a
report that I was interfering with my neighbour's TV. I think it was during
voice keyer adjustments but I have to reconfigure my shack and do some major
maintenance on the antenna this spring. Hopefully get rid of any problems then
(or create new ones).

All in all a good time. Thanks for the Qs and CU in the BERU next weekend.

73 -- Paul VO1HE