[3830] ARRLDX SSB 8R1EA(AH8DX) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ah8dx@msn.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB 8R1EA(AH8DX) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 16:04:45 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: 8R1EA
Operator(s): AH8DX
Station: 8R1EA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Gerogetown, Guyana
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:    0     0
   80:  171    37
   40:  391    52
   20: 1399    56
   15: 1716    59
   10:  616    48
-------------------
Total: 4293   252  Total Score = 3,245,508

Club:

Comments:

Station: Elecraft K2/100, Cushcraft A4S at 50'and an ALS500.

A lot of paperwork invloved in getting on from 8R1. I recieved my license from
the telecom just 5 hours before the test. At first the telecom wanted me to sign
8R1/AH8DX and I have done that many years signing FS/AH8DX so I was not up to
that idea at all.  With a local government contact I was able to get 8R1EA. The
short calls are now reserved for residents of 8R.

Came down to look at property for my future operations from here and it looks
promising. Operated only 28 hours of the test so I didn't do too bad I guess.
The little Elecraft K2/100 worked flawless and the receiver is nothing like I
have heard before from any of the radios I have ever had. I did not have time to
figure out the cables to run writelog with the voice keyer so this contest I
didn't use any voice keyer. Conditions were not that great but I had a great
time doing this test from 8R.

See you in more tests signing my new call: 8R1EA.

PS ( Check your logs for contesters logging me as HR1EA?) The 8 and H seem to
sound the same to some ears.