[3830] ARRLDX SSB K6QK SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hhiller1@san.rrr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K6QK SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 17:56:35 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K6QK
Operator(s): K6QK
Station: K6QK

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 17:30

  160:    0     0
   80:    4     4
   40:   27    13
   20:  141    56
   15:  248    56
   10:   50    25
-------------------
Total:  469   154  Total Score = 216,678

Club:

Comments:

First order of business was to have a good time and that was accomplished.
Leading up to the contest was more of a task than I had anticipated.  My efforts
to get WriteLog and RigExpert to work as a full function voice keyer was a
daunting task.  I ended up with a CQ machine and that's all.  It sure would have
helped the domestic tranquility.  The extreme amounts of rain in San Diego seems
to have had a dramatic affect on grounds.  One would think that grounds would
have been better but I had intermitent ground/RF problems that haven't been
there before.  Oh for dry weather for WPX.  All considered still a good run for
me.

Ran an FT-1000MP, Alpha 91 Beta, RiogExpert, and Writelog.  Antennas are
tri-bander: TET 4el and rotatable dipole for 40 at about 50 ft.  Eighty is and
inverted V.

See you all in WPX at months end.

7,
Harv