[3830] ARRLDX SSB W6QU(W8QZA) SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wparker2@san.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W6QU(W8QZA) SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 19:45:39 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W6QU
Operator(s): W8QZA
Station: W8QZA

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: San Diego, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 36

  160:    0     0
   80:    2     2
   40:   34    20
   20:   55    29
   15:  131    53
   10:   75    32
-------------------
Total:  297   136  Total Score = 121,176

Club:

Comments:

Xcvr: FT-817

Antennas:

Mosley TA-33M tribander up 32 feet with 40 Meter extension.

Force 12 Sigma 40-XK vertical for 40 Meters.

DX-LB for 40-80-160.

On Saturday, with my modest antenna system, 15 opened to Europe from here in San
Diego for about an hour.  That certainly helped my mults, but that was it.  On
Sunday, I only heard one EA on 15.  10 Meters was only open to South America,
the Carribean, and KH6.  I did have one surprise Q with V5 on 10 Meters, which
was the best Q I had during the contest.

This was pretty tough QRP, but it's going to get worse!  It was still a lot of
fun!!

Bill Parker  W8QZA
San Diego, CA