[3830] ARRLDX SSB KR1ST SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kr1st@amsat.org
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KR1ST SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 08:29:05 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KR1ST
Operator(s): KR1ST
Station: KR1ST

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Ladson, SC
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0
   80:    2     2
   40:    4     4
   20:   75    45
   15:   89    48
   10:   36    23
-------------------
Total:  206   122  Total Score = 75,396

Club:

Comments:

Rig: FT-897
Pwr: 5 Watts
Ant: 20 meter and 40 meter window line fed doublets at 30 feet in trees

Nobody reads this stuff, right? :)

The lesson learned during my two seasons or so in contesting is that in order to
seriously compete at QRP levels, you need more than some #14 wire from the local
harware store. A move to New England would also be helpful. :) Just before every
contest I debate if I should leave the rig at a 100 Watts, but when I sit down
for some contest operating I reach for the power and mike gain knobs and turn
'em down. I think only a QRP operator would understand this. I can't explain
this.

Everyone chooses under which conditions to operate, and these are mine. I'm
having fun, and I hope you did, too. Cheers to the friends I encountered, and I
hope to see you again in WPX!

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com