[3830] CQ160 SSB N8II Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB N8II Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 23:20:52 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): ~ 8

Total:  QSOs = 654  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 13  Total Score = 100,567

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

CQ 160 SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 26-Feb-05, 27-Feb-05

     What a start! I made 60 Q's by 0013, 111 by 003Z, and finished up first
 hour working Bud, W3LL for 196. Could have probably broken the coveted
 200 if I hadn't slowed down to pull out a few weak ones and there were
 some "lulls" the 2nd 1/2 hour. No excuse for not doing better; I just
 wasn't motivated; it might have something to do with ARRL CW DX before
 and phone the week after, Hi! The only Eu worked was TM7Y who
 had good signal but barely pulled me out. Missed LA on both modes; I
 guess we need a PVRC expedition to there. They must have started a new
 program of "paid contesting" in SC, worked at least a dozen! The only
 other easy one I missed was BC. Missed VO1/2, VE4 and the usual ones
 up north. Many thanks for the rate "high" the first hour. The half
 sloper works pretty well with many "you're loud" compliments and did
 get called by K7RL in WA and some other Rocky mtn. station well before
 their sunset (23Z hour). This was a best effort for me in this one, but
 only 2nd time running HP, I think.