[3830] NA Sprint RTTY VE7FO LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint RTTY VE7FO LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 00:12:20 -0800
                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest

Call: VE7FO
Operator(s): VE7FO
Station: VE7FO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Vancouver
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:    4     :30
   40:   68    1:40
   20:   84    1:50
---------------------

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Team:

Comments:

Well, that was fun.

        2001   2003  2004  2005
QSOs      18    127   132   156
Mults     14     35    27    33
Score    252   4445  3564  5148

For a change I didn't get beat out most of the time when calling someone, and
after I finished an S&P Q I quite often had someone call me.  I actually felt
loud.  I take this to mean that the number of participants was low.  Sure glad
you can work people more than once on a band.  Gave me 49 Qs I wouldn't have
otherwise had.  Would have been pretty slow.  I think there were less than 5
calls I heard but didn't work.

As usual, got off to a rocky start but soon got into the swing of things.
Worked K6LL a minute before the start.  Figured I'd just sit there, wait for him
to call CQ at the start, and work him.  By the time I remembered which key to
push (don't want to CQ in Dave's face, after all), I think 5 guys had come and
gone.

20 is the best band for me, at least until everyone deserts it for 40.  Stayed
on 20 as long as I could as I have a tough time being heard on 40 when it's just
opening up.  Made a few Qs on 80 in the last hour but not many heard there.

Basic strategy was to start at the bottom of the activity and work my way up the
band.  One of these times I'm going to try putting VFO A on one freq and VFO B 7
or 8 kHz away and see if I can just alternate between the two of them.

Score might have been better if I hadn't fallen asleep for a few minutes.  Not a
good contest to fall asleep in.

73 and tnx for the Qs everyone.