[3830] Commonwealth ZL4BR Open HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth ZL4BR Open HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:57:50 -0800
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: ZL4BR
Operator(s): ZL4BR
Station: ZL4BR

Class: Open HP
QTH: New Plymouth
Operating Time (hrs): 19

------------
   80:   21
   40:   98
   20:  183
   15:   69
   10:   12
------------
Total:  383  Total Score = 5,475

Club:

Comments:

Always an interesting and very enjoyable contest where pre-contest operating
strategy planning is important. Activity level seemed about the same as recent
years. As participants are restricted to the Commonwealth, frequent band changes
are needed to make sure you have worked everyone. My 383 contacts were with 239
individual stations.

Propagation conditions were as expected, except 80m was very disappointing with
no G's and just a couple of VE's. 10m was open with fair signals from VE and the
Caribbean plus VK9NS (the only VK), but where was everyone?

Highlights: being called by ZS75PTA when I was working G's via the south polar
long path, and being called by VP8NO on 40m just 30 minutes before the contest
ended at a time when there were no other contest signals on the band.

Low light: being qrm'd on several occasions by some low-life who kept repeatedly
sending "boiled schit beru". Obviously he can't spell, or English is not
his/her's native language. If by some chance the culprit is reading this, as you
will have noticed, you were wasting your time, as I just stuck to the frequency
and kept on having contacts.

73, Frank ZL4BR (aka ZL2BR)