[3830] Commonwealth VO1HP Open HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, fdavis@nfld.net
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth VO1HP Open HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 06:04:22 -0800
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: VO1HP
Operator(s): VO1HP
Station: VO1HP

Class: Open HP
QTH: St.John's NL
Operating Time (hrs): 12:51

------------
   80:   45
   40:  117
   20:  185
   15:   82
   10:
------------
Total:  429  Total Score = 3,770

Club: ECCCC

Comments:

Nice to be active in BERU again after an absence of a quite a few years.
This contest still has the "ambience"  of an afternoon of casual DXing !!.....It
was nice to here all those  VK's and Zl's on 40M....and even nicer to work a few
for a change.  It helps a lot when that part of the world is actually focussed
on listening for this part . Only worked 3 HQ stations (VO1RAC..tnx Paul;  GB5CC
 and VU2UR) ....and heard no others.  Where were they??
At many times it was slow going and towards the end the dupers started so it
looks like partcipation was down from what I can recall from past years.

Had a problem here with WTIRELOG module not scoring any UK calls beginning with
"M" and any Canadian call beginning with "VA" or "VC".   Also got 0 points for
9M6BG  for some reason even though that prefix is listed in the Commonwealth
prefix list.  After investigation I've discovered that the RSGB module in my
10,52F version of WRITELOG is an older one .  So I guess an upgrade is in the
cards.

Thanks to all for calling and making this an enjoyable event.

73 Frank VO1HP