[3830] Rus DX VO1HP SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, fdavis@nfld.net
Subject: [3830] Rus DX VO1HP SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 11:09:50 -0800
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: VO1HP
Operator(s): VO1HP
Station: VO1HP

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: St.John's NL
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:    0     0
   80:   55    33
   40:   85    47
   20:  347    96
   15:    2     2
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  489   178  Total Score = 586,332

Club: ECCCC

Comments:

Too bad condx were so poor on Saturday morning ....Saturday afternoon things had
improved a bit and Sunday was a lot better.  Decided to work this contest and
also BARTG RTTY .... so my small brain is now just about had it for this weekend
on the air.!

Using WRITELOG but I ran into some problems with the program not wanting to
accept the OBLAST that was sent by the station.  I am assuming that the Russians
know which oblast they are in so there must be problem with the WRITELOG data.
Maybe my files are not up to date. Solution was to enter an OBL that worked to
get the contact in the log and then go back into the log and edit to put in the
OBL that was sent.  Result:  Russian contact in the log but points not correct
...only scoring 5.  Hopefully the boysa t the contest office will pick up the
points in the log scans.

I just love the neat report analysis that the RDX boys sent out last  year from
results of your log and also the resluts from all the logs that  your call
appears in.   Last year number a number of guys got my call as VO1SP...so this
year I adjusted the CW weighting and made sure to take time to correct any one
who I felt may have gotten it wrong.  Hopefully that issue will be decreased
this year.

Thanks to all who called !!   73 Frank VO1HP