[3830] Rus DX HA1AG/6(@HG6N) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX HA1AG/6(@HG6N) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 02:50:50 -0800
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: HA1AG/6
Operator(s): HA1AG
Station: HG6N

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Karancs 729m
Operating Time (hrs): 23
Radios: SO2R

  160:  210  43+32
   80:  320  54+43
   40:  527  63+56
   20:  794  66+62
   15:  273  44+48
   10:   25   7+12
-------------------
Total: 2139    528  Total Score = 8,800,000

Club: WWYC

Comments:

The first figure in mult column is the number of Russian regions, the second
figure is the number of dxcc mults.

Who says that amateur radio is not extreme physical sport??? In order to get to
the station we had to walk to the mountain (the 4th highest and obviously the
steepest in HA) carrying, food, laptops, drinks, accesories and radio (!) in
extreme wx conditions: the record amount of snow we had this winter melt in a
few days making the terrain unpenetretable for any vehicle. Walking (well
walking is an exaggaration) uphill with my MP on my back (+ a backpack of SO2R
accesories) made me seriously question my own sanity... :)

Many thanks for the HG6N team for letting me to turn their tidy M/2 station a
big mess what I called an SO2R setup! The station and the location is a
dream-come-true to operate!

The conditions were worse than expected although the 40 mins opening to far east
on 10 was a surprise. 40m was the money band and being able to run UA9s after
their local noon way after my sunrise was a thrill (and a very welcome push to
the score!). The lack of short skip was very obvious during the whole contest
and from Central EU this is a big disadventage compared to Ukrainian stns. I
tried to use all weird scatters to work EU on 15 and even on 20m and was chasing
mults like Italy on 20m...

Activity from Russia was great, although missed 1P, 6E/I/P/Q, 9G/Z(!), 0B
(!),D/H/I/K/X. Missing RA0BA and UA0BA was my fault but was anyone QRV from
these regions?

During the last years this contest has been evolved tremendously. This is my
favorite next to WWCW  fun-wise  and organization-wise RDXC is undoubtedly the
very best. CU in 2006!

73! Zoli HA1AG