[3830] Rus DX OK1RI SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ok1ri@jimaz.cz
Subject: [3830] Rus DX OK1RI SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 06:43:47 -0800
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: OK1RI
Operator(s): OK1RI
Station: OK1RI

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Brezina
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:  240  46+35
   80:  351  49+42
   40:  548  62+63
   20:  778  64+74
   15:  407  49+69
   10:   61  14+31
-------------------
Total: 2385    598  Total Score = 9,986,600

Club:

Comments:

Antennas :
160m -47 m vert + 150 radials
 80m -2el.Yagi Full size @42m for SSB + 1el delta @25m for CW
 40m -2x4el.Yagi Full size @52 + 26 m - bottom fized to USA
 20m -2x6el.Yagi@26+13m + 6el.Yagi@13m + 5el.Yagi @52m - 3 towers
 15m -3x6el.Yagi @32/23/14m + 2x6el.Yagi@24/13m + 6el.Yagi@13m - 3 towers
 10m -4x6el.Yagi @31/25/19/13m
+3xphased beverage 360m into NW + 240m bev into NE + 160m bev into W

Soapbox :
A lot of snow also forced to me to walk throuh 50cm of it 0.5 km to the
station...
I had a serious problem with N1MM ver 4.196 this time. I logged the QSO and it
was not logged - it happend to me at least 15 times - in the heat of the battle
I had not found it - just after a few QSOs when it was already too late. I could
not find why this happens, It was NOT observed during ARRL SSB !
The propagation was much worse compared to last year - specially saturday was
bad - how ever in this contest it is not such a tragedy since most of the QSOs
are not a real DX ones.
I have also strugled with the EU multipliers on high bands - it was wery tough.
Also I do not understand why I have only 35 countries on 160m ??
I know now that the log checking in RuDX is the STRICTEST of all the contests -
some of the checking rules are questionable - why should the QSO be nullified
when the opposite station has bad my call or number - how could I have known ?
OK no problem it is part of the game, but ???
Last year I had the biggest claimed score in Eu, but after the dust settled it
was much less, so we will see this year.

Unbelievable participation. 15minutes before the end of the contest I was
S&P-ing on 20m and out of 10 sequntially tuned heard stations I had not worked
yet 8 !!!!!

Thanks for QSO to all.

73 !
Jiri