[3830] WPX SSB ZL3TE(W3SE) SOSB40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W3SE@xtra.co.nz
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB ZL3TE(W3SE) SOSB40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 14:02:17 -0800
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: ZL3TE
Operator(s): W3SE
Station: ZL3TE

Class: SOSB40 LP
QTH: Auckland
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  181
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

OH What Joy!! Decided to go SB40 based on the SFI of the day 82, A=15.  Knew a
High Band attack with low power and vertical would not be productive, so I
tortured myself with the noise of 40, which turned out to be rather
interesting.

I was working EU 1 hour before my sunset, but, could not work them on my
sunrise.  Could not get any sort of run going, so was mainly S&P.  I did sit and
call CQ for which seemed hours on end. Best hour was 23 Q's.  Most notable QSO's
CU2JT called me 2.5 hours AFTER his Sunrise, and VU2NI 3 Hours BEFORE his
Sunset.  This is what 1 Hour of CQing produced: 7Q's and 6 Mults,

27-Mar-05   0859   122   7239  WA9YTQ
27-Mar-05   0908   123   7239  N2ED
27-Mar-05   0911   124   7048  CU2JT
27-Mar-05   0935   125   7048  WA7LT
27-Mar-05   0942   126   7048  VO1SA
27-Mar-05   0945   127   7239  VU2NI
27-Mar-05   0959   128   7077  P29NB

40M down here is a lot of FUN, and keeps things interesting, but it can be SLOW.
 I noticed a lack of JA's on 40 this time, must have been the Prop.  Some
stations with directional antennas just don't point down this direction for some
reason.  Could it be the lack of Mult QTY? A Mult is a Mult is a Mult.

                     160   80   40   20   15   10  ALL   percent

North America   SSB    0    0   70    0    0    0   70    38.7
South America   SSB    0    0   13    0    0    0   13     7.2
Europe          SSB    0    0   21    0    0    0   21    11.6
Asia            SSB    0    0   29    0    0    0   29    16.0
Africa          SSB    0    0    6    0    0    0    6     3.3
Oceania         SSB    0    0   42    0    0    0   42    23.2

73 es TNX for the Q's

Wes W3SE / ZL3TE