[3830] WPX SSB K6QK SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hhiller1@san.rr.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB K6QK SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 17:27:51 -0800
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K6QK
Operator(s): K6QK
Station: K6QK

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: California
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
  160:    1
   80:   81
   40:  114
   20:  598
   15:  298
   10:   25
------------
Total: 1117  Prefixes = 441  Total Score = 762,489

Club:

Comments:

Operated my usual configuration: FT-1000MP, Alpha 91 Beta amp, PC running latest
version of Writelog.  Antennas are: 4el TET tribander, Cushcraft D40 rotatable
dipole and inverted V for 80 and 160.  Tower was at about 45 feet on a canyon
(ravine to Canadians)giving the antennas an excellent take-off angle from east
thru north to the southwest.  I believe this attribute makes me significantly
more effective.

It's very important for me to feel good when I operate and this was a good
weekend for me and asprin helps me to sit in one place for a long time.  What
disappointed me most was the sparce number of both Europeans and Japanese and
the lack of significant activity on 10.  All three would have made for a killer
weekend.  I'm not complaining; this is the best I've ever done in WPX and still
remains one of my most favored contests.  Maybe next year I'll have a 3el
SteppIR and a 2el 40, still have to buy the SteppIR.  Lack of computerized voice
keying was also a major vocal chore.  Who's figured out WriteLog Voice keying; I
would sure like to compare notes(k6qk@amsat.org).