[3830] WPX SSB ZL1V(@ZL6QH) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, zl1ct@gm7v.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB ZL1V(@ZL6QH) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 23:46:22 -0800
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: ZL1V
Operator(s): VK7GN, ZL2BSJ, ZL1AZE, ZL2SP, ZL4TAC, ZL1CT
Station: ZL6QH

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Wellington, N.Z.
Operating Time (hrs): 44

------------
  160:    0
   80:   28
   40:  666
   20: 1312
   15:  951
   10:  486
------------

Club: Motueka Contest Club

Comments:

Operators :  Martin VK7GN (VK5GN), Wilbert ZL2BSJ, Brian ZL1AZE, Todd ZL2SP,
David ZL4TAC, Chris ZL1CT

Disappointing conditions here on most bands - our score 2M points down on last
year, mainly because of poor 10m propagation. 40m was quite good which
compensated a bit. We lost AC power to the site (ZL6QH) for about 4 hours of the
last 12 hrs, but it made little difference because the bands were so quiet - we
managed to keep 1 of the 4 stations running on generator power! Wes ZL3TE's
posting mentions a problem for us here in ZL - namely that Eu has so many mults
that there is no incentive for anyone to beam this way later in the contest.
I've grown to like WPX, but there are so many 'multipliers' nowadays that maybe
the scoring needs to be updated ? (standing-by to be flamed)

Highlights - Being called by FT5XO on 20m, some good pile-ups
Lowlights - 10m dud, 10m European yagi faulty

Please QSL ZL1V via N3SL. ZL1V logs are on Logbook of the World. Thanks to
everyone who worked ZL1V. Thanks to the ZL6QH group for the use of the station
and antennas. Please visit    www.qsl.net/zl1v/zl6qh.htm    for some recent
photos of ZL6QH, ZL1V, ZM2K.

73  Chris ZL1CT