[3830] WPX SSB VA7RR(@VE7SZ) SOSB40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va7rr@telus.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB VA7RR(@VE7SZ) SOSB40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 08:27:00 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VA7RR
Operator(s): VA7RR
Station: VE7SZ

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH: British Columbia
Operating Time (hrs): 28

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  999
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  999  Prefixes = 430  Total Score = 1,940,590

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

Many thanks to Allan, VE7SZ, for hosting me for the weekend.

A non-working 20M rotator at SZ put me on 40 SB for the second year in a row.
Conditions and activity to the USA were better than in 2004 - EU was not so
good, with no openings to Western Europe either night at their sunrise.  JAs
peaked around my sunrise - there no longer seems to be a 40M rate peak at their
sunset in any contest I enter -dunno if it's just conditions or lack of
activity.

Things went ok (except for about 5 hours of rain static Saturday evening) until
09Z on Saturday when the yagi rotator failed and locked at 120 degrees.  Once
the rotor packed it in, so did the operator.  I decided that I was not going to
spend the next six or seven hours, when the band would be open to JA,
Oceania,and LP,trying to compete with my only competitive antenna stuck toward
Texas!

Worked some interesting stuff - thanks to all for the QSOs.

Gary
VA7RR