[3830] EU Sprint SSB M0CLW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] EU Sprint SSB M0CLW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 03:05:06 -0700
                    EU Spring Sprint, SSB

Call: M0CLW
Operator(s): M0CLW
Station: M0CLW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IO91ru
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

   80:   0         0
   40:  36       1.1
   20:  24         1
---------------------
Total:  60    Total Score = 60

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Originally I was going to have a go in this one seriously but unfortunately
missed the first half an hour or so.

20m was tricky with so many louder stations getting to the stations before my
tiny signal ;-) CQing on 20m was unproductive with my useless setup!

40m was a little easier and thanks to a higher level of G activity it was
certainly very possible to have good 'runs' on this band whilst it was still
light outside. Also had some RF issues with my audio on 40m (lack of SSB
operation on 40m is to blame for that), but a ferrite round the mic lead largely
solved that issue. But, time is money and money is time ;-)

Anyway, had dinner at 1700z and had the last QSO afterwards at 1730z. A very
enjoyable contest, as always, although I must get myself to a better station
next time for the SSB leg. I will try to be more competitive in the CW section
of the Eu Sprint next weekend.

Highlights were seeing so many WWYC'ers and friends active, some shocked
elitist tell me that I have to give both callsigns as part of the exchange -
even though I actually did, but didn't give my call until *after* I'd given my
name. I always do that, if I'm to take the frequency! ;-))

Anyway, usual equipment from home - Kenwood TS-450S, 100W, G5RV half-size @ 5m
AGL.

73 and CU next weekend,

Simon M0CLW