[3830] JIDX CW K5PTC(N1LN) SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1ln@consolidated.net
Subject: [3830] JIDX CW K5PTC(N1LN) SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 02:54:38 -0700
                    JIDX CW Contest

Call: K5PTC
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 6.0

   80:    0     0
   40:  169    35
   20:    0     0
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  169    35  Total Score = 5,915

Club: Pesky Texan Contesters

Comments:

Thanks to the sponsors for another very successful JIDX
contest.  As always, it was a fun and challenging event.
Why?  Well, with a single band 40 entry the window of
opportunity starts at 4:00am local and ends about 7:00am
local S. Texas time for a total of only 6 hours of OP time.
Then add in the SSB fish boats that seem to really enjoy
operating from 7.002 to about 7.020.

Thanks for the many stations that took the time to respond
to my requests for repeats.   The QRN down here in Texas
was generating S9 static crashes.   Then add in a little
QSB that occurred at the wrong times and the result is
frequent repeat requests.

I did manage to increase my score from previous entries
which is a good thing.  Congrats to K8IA for another super
score.

Hope to hear you all again next year and also to hear the
level of activity up during the few hours that 40 meters is
open to the US.  Where are all those JAs?

73,
Bruce - N1LN
(K5PTC - Pesky Texan Contest Club)