[3830] MiQP K8AJS Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jbastin@sssnet.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP K8AJS Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 05:06:10 -0700
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 9.25

   80:   73     32
   40:   33      7
   20:    0      0
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  106     39  CW Mults = 52  Ph Mults = 27  Total Score = 19,829

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

On twenty meters and above, I could NOT hear Michigan. Period. Paragraph.

The stations working them (including EU) were loud and clear, but Michigan
wasn't found. I pointed the quad at them, and I pointed the quad away, hoping
for some scatter. I used the Windom. Nothing seemed to work.

I heard nothing on 15 and 10, made some noise up there with no results.

Michigan on 40 meters in the daytime was difficult. There were stations there,
but pulling them out of the noise was a real effort. I did the best I could with
what I had, and by 4 o'clock my ears were ringing and rattling my brain and I
had to take a break.

I came back at about 6 PM and things were better. As sunset came I was able to
use 80 meters, and results were considerably more satisfying.

I'm sure the more distant states had much better results but conditions just
weren't going to favor my operation this year. Maybe next time.

Rig: FT1000MP 100 watts
Ants: 3-el quad, Carolina Windom
Software: WriteLog 10.53E