[3830] MiQP K5OT(@W5KFT) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP K5OT(@W5KFT) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 03:44:18 -0700
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: K5OT
Operator(s): K5OT
Station: W5KFT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Radios: SO2R

   80:   54      0
   40:   89     21
   20:   93     52
   15:    1      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  237     73  CW Mults = 76  Ph Mults = 51  Total Score = 68,961

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

After thoroughly enjoying my two MI QSO Party mobile experiences in Michigan's
beautiful Upper Peninsula in 2002 and 2003 - and an attempt in 2004 with low
power and wires from our home in northeastern WI, this year I followed the
action from here in central Texas.  (An early overreaction to below-average
signals caused me to flip on the amps .... an unnecessary move, as signals
really improved after an hour or so.)

MI home and club efforts are important in this contest, but it is the mobiles
that really make the show.  Consistently LOUD mobiles down here were W1NN, AF8A
and WT9U.  I had a tough time with the U.P. guys early in the contest, but
during the last hour on 80M, K8IR, N9NE, and NE9U were S9+10dB ... talk about a
pipeline to the Upper Peninsula!  K8MR & NU8Z were always easy to find and quick
to QSY when asked.  Many (most) of the mobiles were out-of-staters who put on a
LOT of miles before, during, and after the contest -- and your time, efforts and
significant FUEL EXPENSE are really appreciated.

Rate Summary:

 HOUR   TOTAL   ACCUM
 ----  ------  ------
   16      38      38
   17      40      78
   18      25     103
   19      22     125
   20      18     143
   21      19     162
   22      19     181
   23      22     203

    0      29     232
    1      29     261
    2      27     288
    3      22     310

  AVG      26/hr

CW Mults missed (7):

Delt, Emme, Maso, Mtmo, Musk, Otse, & Scho
(must have dozed through some of these!)

Top Counties Worked:

 1.  Oakl   21
 2.  Wayn   13
 3.  Wash   11
 4.  GrTr    9
 5.  Livi    9
 6.  Maco    9
 7.  Houg    8  U.P.!
 8.  Cheb    7
 9.  Goge    7  U.P.!
10.  Clin    7
11.  Lena    7
12.  Shia    7

Lone 15M station worked: K8MQP

Mobiles worked:

NU8Z/M   32
K8MR/M   27
WT9U/M   27
AF8A/M   22
W1NN/M   20
NE9U/M   16
N9NE/M   15
K8IR/M    8
K8EPV/M   4
N8MR/M    3
WI9WI/M   2

Station: W5KFT contest station near Llano, TX

SO2R: 2 x TS-850S & Ameritron amps, TR-Log
      Stacks on 10-40M, 80M sloping dipole (NE)
      and Beverages for 80M RX

Thanks to K8CC and the MRRC committee for a great Saturday in April.

73,
Larry K5OT