[3830] MiQP K8IR/M Mobile Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP K8IR/M Mobile Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 05:23:49 -0700
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: K8IR/M
Operator(s): K8IR, KG8CX
Station: K8IR/M

Class: Mobile Multi-Op LP
QTH: MOBILE
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:  204      0
   40:  313     24
   20:  103      1
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  620     15  CW Mults = 72  Ph Mults = 15  Total Score = 110,055

Club: M&M ARC

Comments:

Our fourth mobile trip around the Upper Peninsula in MIQP.  This year we crossed
the Mackinaw Bridge and picked up a couple of extra counties in the Lower
Peninsula, too, making a total of 17.

40 meters was long, and we heard very little in-state activity until we got down
on 80.  We had planned to pick up a lot of phone mults on 40, but that was not
to be.  The 75 meter resonator was left at home, so we really suffered on phone
mults.  The highlight was the excellent 80 meter conditions. Unlike last year,
the band was very quiet, and we literally worked coast to coast, plus most of
our in-state mults.

Thanks to all who followed us around the route. N2CU topped the list at 20 QSOs.
There were many stations with 10 or more QSOs in the log.

After spending 21.5 hours in the car on the trip, I'm looking forward to sitting
at home next weekend for the FQP.

As usual, big thanks to my driver, Ed, KG8CX who once again got us around the
course on time, avoided various wildlife on the road, and who smoothly educated
the Keweenaw County Sheriff Deputy who stopped by on just what a QSO Party is
and why we were sitting there in the dark at nearly midnight with some very
strange things on the car roof.

73
Jim K8IR
& Ed KG8CX