[3830] FlQP N2CU SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP N2CU SOABCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 14:22:23 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: N2CU
Operator(s): N2CU
Station: N2CU

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 19

   40:   73     0
   20:  265     0
   15:    3     0
   10:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  341     0  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 91,388

Club: WNYDXA

Comments:

The goal was to beat last year's record score by my good friend, WB2ABD. With
less than an hour to go I still needed two counties. Got one right away (IDR)
and then at about 2120Z heard W4OV/DAD. That was it! Called in a monster pileup
for a few minutes and bagged him. After that, it was all icing on the cake.

The mobiles did a great job of activating the counties and were sure welcome
today when things got pretty slow. I usually don't spend the entire FQP on the
radio because of nice weather but this weekend it rained and snowed. No problem
staying indoors.

While things generally went well, there were fixed stations in the mobile
windows and some mobiles who didn't ID often enough. And then there are the big
guns that keep throwing their call in when the station is asking for someone
else...

FT1000MP, TH6DXX 50', 40m dipole 32', TR Log.

73,
Tom N2CU <><