[3830] FlQP W6YX SchoolMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP W6YX SchoolMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:17:31 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): K6OWL N7MH W6LD N6DE
Station: W6YX

Class: SchoolMixed HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   40:   32      1
   20:  205     60
   15:   34     62
   10:
--------------------
Total:  271    123  CW Mults = 66  Ph Mults = 46  Total Score = 74,480

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

With the declining solar conditions, and the unavoidable large 20m pileups on
mobile stations, I decided this was the year for us to start running high power
in FQP, and forget about the 2x LP multiplier.  It turned out to be a good
choice to reduce our frustration, albeit at the expense of a lower score than
previous years.

Special thanks to NF4A, who deserves some sort of mobile award.  He was always
willing to QSY to 15m in most counties, and then to SSB for the mult.  We even
tried 10m a couple of times, but were unsuccessful at making a QSO there.  All
the QSYs to 15m probably didn't help his overall QSO total much, but they
certainly kept those of us on the west coast interested in the contest.  15m was
solidly open for most of the contest from W6.

The mobiles in FQP really carry a heavy load to activate the 67 counties.  Some
of the 20m mobile pileups on Sunday were unbelievable.

73...
-Dean - N6DE