[3830] May CW Sprint W3DOS(K9GY) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, eric.p.hall@us.army.mil
Subject: [3830] May CW Sprint W3DOS(K9GY) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 13:43:25 -0700
                    May CW Sprint

Call: W3DOS
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: W3DOS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: DC
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

   80:  19
   40:  49
   20:
---------------------
Total:  68     Mults = 31  Total Score = 2,108

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

"RICE" DC
http://www.state.gov/secretary/
Dept of State, Washington, DC

I can't believe I did not work any of my SMC buds back in IL!
Worked a bunch of IN and WI though.

Having an antenna at 90 plus feet for a domestic contest doesn't help
much but 80m was quite here, hah! Lots of unanswered CQs on 80m...

Was going to use the FT-817 and go QRP but I forgot the power cord, DUH!
Although I was able to use the station's watt meter to determine that the
little bugger puts out 4 watts with a low battery!

Initial plans were to go to Shenandoah National Park and operate QRP from
3,500 plus feet but with the rain here decided to keep dry.

I never use my name because it has too many dits...then I'm looking at
"RICE" and figured out if I move the "E" to the front I get my name, HAH!
Maybe that caused a little confusion?

Heard VE4XT on 40m twice but wasn't able to connect.

Liked the LP idea for Sprint! Maybe a QRP sprint?
Was less than full power here anyways: 60w on 80m, 50w on 40m.

DAYTON '05!

73, Eric
Condi 2008!