[3830] WPX SSB P40A(KK9A) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, p40a@iguanavilla.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB P40A(KK9A) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 16:00:20 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: P40A
Operator(s): KK9A
Station: P40A

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Aruba
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   32
   40:  323
   20: 1382
   15: 1971
   10:  575
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

For the second straight year, the WPX Phone contest occurred during my birthday.
  I certainly enjoyed my special day contesting and to make things even more
exciting I was the only station using the P40 prefix this year.  Conditions were
not particularly good and choosing the off times was much more critical than in
recent years.   10m was open a lot on both days, but for some strange reason I
was never able to run stations quickly there.  15m was in fantastic shape and I
made almost half of my QSO's there.  20m was also good , but it didn't stay open
as late as I hoped.  On 15m and 20m conditions to Europe were much better on
Sunday.  40m and 80m were not very productive for me.  I used a second radio
this time and it was definitely useful for finding multipliers and choosing the
right band.   SO2R and being rare, both probably contributed to me having my
highest multiplier total ever.   Due to poorer conditions I made over 200 QSO's
less than last year, however thanks to lots of multipliers and more low band
contacts my score is actually 6% better.   Thanks to everyone for the QSO's,
please QSL via WD9DZV.

73 & CU in WPX CW,
John KK9A / P40A
p40a@iguanavilla.com