[3830] May CW Sprint N2IC LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] May CW Sprint N2IC LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 08:28:14 -0700
                    May CW Sprint

Call: N2IC
Operator(s): N2IC
Station: N2IC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   64
   40:  126
   20:   74
---------------------

Club:

Comments:

A fun contest !  The activity level was reminiscent of the early NCJ Sprints of
the late 70's and early 80's.  Too bad the geomagnetic storm closed 20 so early,
and made 80 a fluttery mess.  With more typical condx, I'm sure many stations
would have broken 300 QSO's.  Activity on 80 seemed down - During the last 30
mins, I couldn't find new stations on 80, and my CQ's were unanswered. CQing on
40 with the 2nd radio was the only way to keep the rate > 0 late in the contest.
 Nevertheless, this contest is a keeper !

Where was Minnesota ?  And, unfortunately, I missed my own state, too !

Still dealing with interstation interference caused by rectification in the TIC
Ring rotors between the galvanized steel ring and the brass bearings.  Argh !

73,
Steve, N2IC