[3830] InQP KK8I Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dl2hbx@gmx.de
Subject: [3830] InQP KK8I Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 05:52:22 -0700
                    Indiana QSO Party

Call: KK8I
Operator(s): KK8I
Station: KK8I

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 11

  160:
   80:   28      6
   40:  105    111
   20:
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  133    117  CW Mults = 69  Ph Mults = 75  Total Score = 55,152

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

If we only had had these 40m condition during the MiQP...

That was fun! Distance from SE Michigan to IN was perfect, mobiles were very
loud and the fact that I was running QRP did not hurt until the final 90
minutes, when 40 became long and 80m got noisy (and long as well at the very
end).

Absolute highlight was the operation of KB9AX/AM. I never worked an Aeronautical
Mobile Station before in my 22 years as a ham and here I had 25 /AM QSOs. What a
great idea to run /AM rover...!

Most worked mobile stations (incl. Dupes, rough check)

K8MR: 38
WN9O: 31
KJ9C: 29
KB9AX: 25
W1NN: 22
WT9U: 20
KE9YA: 13
K9WX: 4
WK9O: 3

The key really is to work the Mobiles - 70% of my net QSOs were with the above
listed stations. Thanks for the great activity and thanks for all the QSYs when
I asked for it!

Equipment: FT-1000MP, 5 Watts, G5RV at 35ft

73! Uli, KK8I