[3830] WPX CW KB9OWD SO(TS)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ryantiff@charter.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KB9OWD SO(TS)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 19:08:28 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KB9OWD
Operator(s): KB9OWD
Station: KB9OWD

Class: SO(TS)AB LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:    0
   80:   37
   40:  176
   20:  316
   15:  116
   10:   12
------------

Club:

Comments:

My first real contest from the new home QTH.  Oh to get a tower up.  Worked
limited time in this one using a G5RV about 30 feet up in the trees and do the
results show.

Many thanks to all those who were patient with my limited signal.  Computer CW
program died for unknown reasons yet about 1400Z Sunday morning, so that left it
to all be hand sent with my sleepy hands which didn't help either.

Congrats to many fine scores.  First day was much better from this end.  Alot of
short skip on 15 the second day.  Highlights with a little antenna and 80W were
5B/KI0BP on 15 and 5B/AJ2O on 20, both on the first call, good ears!!  Toughest
pileup from here was S9SS on Sunday afternoon.  Kept coming back and finally got
through.

I am also in the market for a quality tower.  Looking around the 70 foot area.
Must be of sound quality and able to hold a TH7 or other related antenna with a
40 meter kit.  Please e mail me if you come across anything good!!

See you all in the smaller summer tests coming up.

Ryan KB9OWD