[3830] WPX CW NB1B SO(TS)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nb1b@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NB1B SO(TS)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 05:08:55 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NB1B
Operator(s): NB1B
Station: NB1B

Class: SO(TS)AB LP
QTH: MASS
Operating Time (hrs): 33

------------
  160:    0
   80:   13
   40:  292
   20:  708
   15:  242
   10:   63
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I'm sitting here, drinking a 2-week old bottle of Thunderbird, contemplating how
a 10-hour effort to "give out the mult" became a 33-hour effort.  My station is
modest- a C-3 at 60 ft and a G5RV hung off the same tower- and, to stave off the
family complaints, no high power- but condx Friday night and Saturday were so
good I just kept going.

Saturday, 10M was open to the US, but very few stations were there.  Sunday, 10M
was open to Europe, but again, very few stations seemed to be there.  Condx were
definitely worse on Sunday, at least until 2000Z; after limited success running
on Saturday, until 2000Z I had no success running on Sunday.

Thanks for the Q's.  I'm ready to open my second bottle of Thunderbird now as I
watch the Red Sox thrash the Yankees again!

Dennis NB1B