[3830] WPX CW 9M2CNC(G4ZFE) SO(TS)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, g4zfe@g4zfe.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW 9M2CNC(G4ZFE) SO(TS)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 17:51:40 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: 9M2CNC
Operator(s): G4ZFE
Station: 9M2RPN

Class: SO(TS)AB HP
QTH: Kuala Lumpur
Operating Time (hrs): 30

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:  109
   20:  844
   15:  847
   10:  136
------------

Club: VKCC

Comments:

Station: IC 756 Pro, Acom 1010 amplifier
Antenna: Force 12 C3-S at 12m, 40m Inverted V at 40m

The first contest for my new Acom 1010 amplifier (thanks to Ron, GW3YDX of
Vinecom for the prompt shipping). After a few months of Low Power operation it
was good to be back running 400W. The amplifier worked very well despite a
rather warm shack (one of the air conditioning units is U/S).

Conditions were variable but I had a great time on 20m Saturday night (my time)
when the band was very quiet (rare here) with very good Eu signals. One of my
most memorable contest times from 9M2. However, other parts of the contest were
not so much fun with lowish JA participation and heavy QSB on 15m. Apologies for
all the requests for repeats.

Several hours were lost during storms over the weekend as the rotator clamp had
loosened and the beam was windmilling 90 degrees. This was fixed on Monday after
the contest.

Increased participation from 9M2 - 9M2TO, 9M2FB (G3TMA) and myself all QRV. Good
to see John, G3OOK a new 9M6 resident airing his 9M6/G3OOK callsign.

Thank you for all the QSOs and hopefully I will be QRV for the ANARTS RTTY
contest.

73 de Rich, 9M2CNC (G4ZFE)