[3830] WPX CW VY2TT(K6LA) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW VY2TT(K6LA) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 16:28:15 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VY2TT
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: VY2TT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:   20
   40:  581
   20: 1628
   15:  739
   10:   57
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

It was a good thing for me this was a CW contest. I developed a real bad hacking
cough on Friday. By Monday, I felt real sorry for the guy sitting next to me on
the plane on my way home.

20/20 hindsight, I didn't have a very good offtime strategy. I should have used
more on Sunday. Saturday night, 40m was terrible, after being quite good Friday
night. 15m was also alot worse on Sunday than on Saturday. The big EU guns were
there as loud, but the little pistols weren't. OTOH, I heard a few EU on 10 on
Sunday, but they couldn't hear me. 10 opened for a nice little US run at 20z
Sunday. I only worked SA/Carib on 10 the 1st day.

I had 2 pigfarmer incidents on 20. Both times a loud station keep sending 5nn
and a string of dits. It lasted about 3 - 5 minutes each time. Eventually, I
pretended to QSY and he went away. Fortunately, I didn't lose the frequency.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT