[3830] WPX CW AA4LR SO(TS)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa4lr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW AA4LR SO(TS)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 17:23:21 -0700

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment:
K2/100 with KAT100

Antennas:
Cushcraft A3S at 15m (15m, 20m)
1/4 wave sloper at 12m (40m)

Comments:
Just managed to put in a few hours Friday night, some Saturday morning and
evening and Sunday afternoon. Couldn't operate the whole contest because I was
getting ready for vacation on St. George Island, FL.

Almost did a SB20 effort, but decided to work some 40m on Saturday evening.

Conditions appeared to be very unusual. Good EU signals on 20m Friday night, but
not so strong on Saturday morning. Then the weird stuff -- heard JF1PJK calling
CQ at 1200z on Saturday morning. Worked him easily, then thought I must have
been hallucinating. JA in the morning on 20m? Within the next 30 minutes, worked
three more JAs.

Finished up by working to break the pileup on S9SS. Tremendous signal here in GA
at 2000z on 15m. Took about ten minutes to break the pileup. Operating on the
other end must have heard a nearly continuous buzz from all the stations
calling.