[3830] ANARTS K9MUG/4 SOST HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, derosan@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ANARTS K9MUG/4 SOST HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 17:19:54 -0700
                    ANARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: K9MUG/4
Operator(s): K9MUG
Station: K9MUG

Class: SOST HP
QTH: Al
Operating Time (hrs): 23

   80:
   40:   96  1095    37
   20:  283  4342    73
   15:  205  3179    65
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  584  8616   175  Continents = 6  Total Score = 9,047,700

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

I thought it was off to the races opening night, but that soon came to an end
here. moreover, the hurricane caused a lot of rain and static.

With 80m and 10m vurtually useless, and no 15m antenna what to do??

BUILD AN ANTENNA IN THE RAIN , naturally!! So I did I took down the 40m 4element
wire beam and put up a 4way rhombic for 15m in its place.

As a consequence, I spent way too much time on a marginal band(15), but it had
its rewards.

20m wasn't nearly as good here as it appeared to be for a lot of folks, but
always provides lots of good dx.

All in all, great fun. Thanks to the sponsor and all who qso'd.

73,
Darrell