[3830] ARRL June VHF VA3KA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3ka@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF VA3KA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 18:20:10 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  247   113  Total Score = 37,968

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Wow. What a great contest (especially after the January dud!). Was not planning
on doing a real serious effort, but the extreme heat and humidity as well as
good conditions and lots of activity kept me in the cool basement shack!

This was an all time best effort for me, nearly doubling my previous best
score.

First ever 903 QSO's and the best 1296 DX ever.

50     Yaesu FT100D    100W    5el @ 60 feet
144    Yaesu FT736R    120W    8el @ 45 feet
222    Yaesu FT736R    100W    7el @ 40 feet
432    Yaesu FT736R     25W    28el @ 45 feet
903    DEMI 903/144      8W    33el loop yagi @ 50 feet
1296   Yaesu F736R      10W    45el loop yagi @ 50 feet

Highlights:

- Working VE3WCC/R in 4 grids 6 bands and 2 grids 3 bands (Thanks guys)
- Working VE3CVG, VE3XK, N2PA and W2SV on 6 bands
- Great Au opening and working CY9SS and FP/N6RA !! 6 and 2 (even 222) were
crowded with Au signals!
- Working K2TER/R in 3 grids multiple bands

Lowlights:

- 432 amp kept shutting down (high SWR) but my SWR meter indicates SWR is ok! So
only had 25W available :(
- Bob VE3KZ beat me again by only a few QSO's!!  :(
- should have spent more time on 6M working Au, but conditions were so good on
the higher bands

Planning bigger and higher antennas for September!

Remember - POINT NORTH!