[3830] ARRL FD W0GG 3A LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8FC@k8fc.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD W0GG 3A LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 13:19:45 -0700

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  2464   1801    67  Total Score = 15,036

Club:

Comments:

Score represents totals plus 1310 bonus points.

In addition, we have tried for two years to get the 3830 reflector folks to
recogize the PPDXG as a valid contest group but to no avail.  We are still not
listed in the pull downs even though we are a ARRL affiliated contest club. This
score and effort was garnered by the members of the PIKES PEAK DX ASSOCIATION.

These guys did a great job again this year getting this to all come together.
Once again, we were never out of the woods with the lightning storms during the
entire event.  The antennas worked very well for the entire operating period.
We had three 50' towers up spinning a 40 meter mono-bander, 20 meter mono-bander
a HyGain TH6 and a number of other antennnas.  We also had some low wire dipoles
and a fantastic 80 half square that played very well.  In addition we utilized
two `680 bevererage antennas for receive and they proved to work rather well.

We ran a WriteLog network consisting of the three primary stations and the GOTA
station and a server tent.  We initially tried to run all of it wireless (new
approach this year) but had nothing but problems.  We even tried a hybrid
network of wireless and wired but nothing seemed to be reliable and we made the
decision to run stand-alone.  This was really too bad, as a lot of work went
into the infrastructure and we really missed the opportunity that networking
these stations provide.

All and all, we had a great time operating Field Day.  It really seemed like
each member pulled together and went above and beyond the call of duty for the
Pikes Peak DX Association.  Without this team effort our success would have been
limited to say the least.