[3830] IARU K4BAI SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Subject: [3830] IARU K4BAI SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 10:28:01 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: SO CW HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:     0    0       0
   80:   197    0      22
   40:   382    0      40
   20:   568    0      50
   15:   172    0      29
   10:     1    0       1
---------------------------
Total:  1320    0     142  Total Score = 491,888

Club: South East Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

FT1000MP x 2 (SO2R), Alpha 78 (1 KW), AL811A (500 W), TH6DXX, zepp, dipole,
inverted vee.

Planned to enter mixed mode, but the DX Doubler, NA logging program and laptop
computer have some problem and the computer locks up whenever you are on Phone
and try to change rigs.  So, entered CW only for the first time in years.

Had the rotator control box burn up (power transformer?) Thursday night.  Had
forgotten that I had a spare.  So, beam wasn't "stuck" west for the contest
after all.

Band conditions had been very good for a few days prior to the contest, but
weren't so good for the contest.  Understand I missed several mults on 10 M.
Didn't find it easy to check that band with the bandpass filters in.  Need to
get a six pack to make it easier to change bands.

Had to QRT for about 25 minutes due to a thunderstorm early Saturday evening.
Rate held up well until about 09Z when I went 10 minutes without a QSO and
without finding a new station to call.  Plenty of activity when resumed about
11Z.

Missed the JAs.  We didn't get our usual JA opening on Saturday morning.  Worked
only two, one on 40 and one on 20, both of whom answered CQs.  Never heard one
calling CQ.

Thanks for all the QSOs.  A lot of fun.

73,

John, K4BAI.