[3830] IARU N2IC SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2ic@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU N2IC SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 12:27:24 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N2IC
Operator(s): N2IC
Station: N2IC

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    41    0       8
   80:   158    0      24
   40:   613    0      58
   20:   667    0      58
   15:   454    0      50
   10:    80    0      19
---------------------------
Total:  2013    0     217  Total Score = 1,408,547

Club:

Team:

Comments:

The propagation devil did his dirty work this year !  Except for leaving the
door open to EU for 1 hour on 15, he simply locked out Europe this year !  The
03Z 20 meter over-the-pole opening simply didn't happen.  Worked a total of 12
Zone 29 stations and 1 Zone 30 station.  Those numbers should be in the
multi-100 range.

On the brighter side, USA activity has really picked up in this contest,
compared to the last time I did SOAB in 2001.  That, combined with
lower-than-normal nighttime QRN on the low bands, made for an interesting final
9 hours of the contest.  Also, pretty good JA activity - a total of 281 on all
bands (mostly 40 and 20).

Congrats to N6MJ, K0RF and N3BB for fine western USA scores.

By the way, if my log is incorrectly scored as Zone 8, like it was the past 4
times I did SOAB in 1997, 1998, 1999 and 2001, the score drops to 1,293,103, an
8.2% reduction !  Hopefully, the ARRL will get it right this time !